This Pasta Primavera is packed with flavors and nutritious vegetables! It's roasted in about 20 minutes, making for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Plus, you can customize with just about any vegetables you have on hand!
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 12 oz farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat.
- If you don't have a large baking sheet, transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another heavy baking sheet and arrange evenly over the baking sheets.
- Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after 10 minutes, bake for 10 more minutes (20 minutes total)
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl or the pot where you cooked the pasta, toss the vegetable mixtures with the pasta and add the 1 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you'll be able to see your notes.